created 11 months ago | Tagged:
Chinese people love their dogs, but probably not in the same way you do. Sure, there are some dogs that are purely house pets, but a large number of canines in China are just a meal waiting to happen. doggy 10 Ways to Eat Your Dog in China picture The Chinese find dog to be not only a tasty meal (apparently it tastes similar to pork), but also to be good for the health. “Dog meat is good for your health and metabolism,” explains Ms. Li, a Chinese woman who declined to give her first name. “In the summer, it helps you sweat.” A recent BBC documentary mentioned that even Tibetan monks are known to eat dog meat. Below we have identified 10 popular ways that dog is prepared and eaten in China.
1. Dog Hot Pot A popular way to eat dogs, enjoyed usually in the winter time. Often cooked with herbs and veggies
2. Sauteed Dog Meat Cooked with spices, it’s supposed to be very flavorful.
3. Hard-boiled Dog Sells for about $3/lb.
4. Dog Spring Rolls
5. Dog Terriyaki
6. Dog Shish Kebab
7. Dog Jerky It comes in spicy and non-spicy flavors.
8. Dog Meat Steamed Bun A popular breakfast food
9. Dog Meat Instant Noodles One company in Northern China was the first company to invent the dog meat instant noodle, and it became quite popular.
Here is some video footage inside a dog meat market in China:
It is important to note that China is not the only country in which dog meat is regularly consumed. Korea, Vietnam, and just about every Asian country other than Japan includes dog meat as a food.